A 35 years old man Roster Chisale has died in Ntcheu after taking poisonous substances.
The incident occurred on Tuesday, May 23, 2023 at Khwangwala Village Traditional Authority Kwataine, in the district.
Ntcheu Police Station Public Relations Officer, Rebecca Ndiwate said the deceased was staying at his wife’s place in the same village until their separation earlier this month, forcing Roster to leave the matrimonial home to his parents’ house.
“It is further alleged that on Tuesday at around 15:00hrs, he was found heavily vomiting in his room and was taken to Ntcheu District Hospital where he died while receiving treatment,” said Ndiwate.
Postmortem conducted at the same Hospital revealed that death was due to organophosphate poisoning.
According to the Police, the district has registered 5 suicide cases between January and May this year.
Meanwhile, Police in the district have bemoaned the tendency of taking own life and is advising people to seek guidance and counselling from relevant authorities to avoid such incidences.