The pop icon Céline Dion canceled all of her remaining performances for the years 2023–2024 on Friday, citing a lack of strength due to her ongoing battle with a rare neurological condition.
The 55-year-old Canadian singer announced last year that she had a unique physical ailment that affected her ability to sing.
“I’m very sorry to let you all down again… Despite how much it pains me, it’s essential that we postpone everything until I’m fully prepared to return to the stage, the My Heart Will Go On singer tweeted.
“I won’t give up… and I’m eager to see you once more. Added she.
A statement released by her tour said: “With a sense of tremendous disappointment, Celine Dion’s Courage world Tour today announced the cancellation of all remaining dates currently on sale for 2023 and 2024.”
The statement paraphrased Dion as stating, “I’m working incredibly hard to build back my strength, but touring can be really challenging even when you’re 100%.
She announced in an emotional video on Instagram in December 2022 that she had recently been diagnosed with Stiff-Person Syndrome and would not be prepared to begin a scheduled European tour in February.
She said that the condition was resulting in muscle spasms and “not allowing me to use my vocal cords to sing the way I’m used to.”
Dion started her “Courage World Tour” in 2019, doing 52 concerts before the Covid-19 outbreak forced her to postpone the remaining dates.
Due to health issues, she later postponed the tour’s North American leg.
The tour was to have been the Grammy-winning winner’s first global concert tour in a decade and the first without her husband-manager Rene Angelil, who died from cancer in 2016.